Pistachio Pudding Salad (Aka Watergate Salad)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A "yummy" salad which tastes more like a dessert. I usually make this for Easter, but it can also be served on any holiday, or any time of the year. It's so quick and easy to throw together.
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix (*See note)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 5 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, add the pudding and well drained crushed pineapple; mix well.
- Stir in the food coloring; mix it in thoroughly.
- Fold in the Cool Whip; be sure to blend it in thoroughly.
- Stir in the marshmallows, and then the walnuts.
- Cover the bowl, and chill in the refrigerator for a while, until ready to serve.
- *Note: I usually make this salad the night/day before I'm going to serve it; this way it chills up nicely in the fridge. Also, I did use one (3.4 oz.) box of instant pudding mix for this recipe. I see Recipezaar would not let me post the exact ounces of pudding I used, when posting this recipe.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION