Pineapple Cranberry Upside Down Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained, reserve juice to add to water for as much liquid as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- Drain juice from pineapple and save.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish in a 350°F oven.
- Sprinkle in sugar nuts cranberries and pineapple.
- Add water to the pineapple juice to equal the amount of liquid specified on the cake mix box.
- Prepare cake mix as shown on package directions.
- Spread mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a large serving dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a married father of one. I work for box manufacturer in a nearby town. When I'm not working I spend as much time with my family as I can. My Mom taught me to cook growing up and with a PA Dutch and Slovack background none of it is light fare. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">