- Ready In:
- 8 slices French bread or 8 slices sourdough bread (If using french bread, cut off majority of crust so that it can be fried on both sides.)
- 3⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese
- 1 lb sliced turkey breast
- Spread outside of bread lightly with mayonnaise.
- Spread inside of bread with thousand island dressing.
- Equally divide turkey between 4 sandwiches.
- Equally divide cheese between 4 sandwiches.
- Put in frying pan, as you would fry a grilled cheese sandwich over medium heat.
- When toasted and cheese is melted, sandwich is ready to enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My father is a commercial fisherman in Alaska, so I ate a lot of fish as a child. I took eating fresh seafood for granted, and when I left Alaska for college, I became incredibly homesick for fresh salmon, halibut, shrimp and Dungeness crab. Now that I am back in Alaska, I still get seafood from my father, but I also go out and catch my own. My husband is a hunter, so I also get a lot of venison. I am a huge advocate for wild salmon. I am strongly against farmed fish of any sort because farmed fish are laden with diseases, antibiotics, dyes, and cancer causing agents. I am a one woman army in the fight against farmed fish. Any salmon labeled "Organic", "Atlantic", and "Color Added", are all farmed fish. Try to stay away from them and buy Wild.