Picnic Shrimp Salad
Makes a nice elegant dish for an adult picnic. Add some crusty croissants, some fruit and a nice bottle of wine and Recipe#211156--you're set.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cold small shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained well
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh herb (oregano, parsley and dill or tarragon)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Whisk together mayonnaise, herbs, mustard, and lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What is better then shrimp, zucchini, celery, red pepper and shallots? Well nothing because this is one wonderful recipe! Adult-child-it doesn't matter, this was eaten faster then a pig in mud getting away from someone trying to grab him. An exceptional shrimp salad, very smooth taste, and all the tastes were so balanced. I used some sprigs of fresh thyme, and served on a bed of baby greens. I loved the carrots and zucchini in particular and don't think anything should be changed. I also added a bit of "Old Bay" Seasoning (1/4 tsp.) to the mayonnaise, dijon, and lemon dressing. Perfect! Made for *Photo Swap* January 2010
Thanks Caroline for a winner! I made half of the recipe and it was more then enough for 3 of us at a picnic. I also left out the zucchini and carrots, added a half a green pepper with the red, and used chopped dill pickles rather then the relish. Next time I plan to try some different herbs, maybe the dill or tarragon. :-)