Picnic Pasta and Ham Salad
I got this off of a PC program call 1,000,000 recipes. This was a great hit at work. I used a small bag of frozen peas then microwaved per instrutions. Baked ham slice, then cut.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, cut in 1/2-inch cubes (2 c.)
- 1 cucumber, peeled,halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked and drained elbow macaroni
- In large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Add ham, cooked macaroni, cucumber, peas and onion.
- Toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled (several hours).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loved it! A quick and easy recipe to put together and great for serving to a crowd. I made two lots of this, one large with ham and one smaller without, for the vegetarians present but added some sour cream and chive powder to the one without ham to boost the flavour a smidge. Both were well received. Due to general fussyness of the masses to raw onions I substituted finely chopped spring onions instead and this was eaten by the fussiest adult and passed muster. Please see my rating system: a lovely recipe for mass entertaining and I liked very much that this had mayo but not in bucketloads to swamp everything else so that the taste of the peas and ham were primary. That's worth 4 excellent stars to me. Thanks!Reply