Pesto Tortellini Salad With Grape Tomatoes
photo by CIndytc
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 -4 tablespoons refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare pasta according to package directipns; place in large bowl and toss with bell pepper, tomatoes, pesto and oil. Refrigerate until cold and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I didn't start cooking until my early 20's, even though I come from a family of accomplished and admired home cooks. While I grew up watching my Italian grandmother in the kitchen, I remained uninterested in trying anything on my own. As a young lady, I was known for being particularly ignorant in the kitchen, with no idea how to even make a hot dog! All this changed, however, when I got engaged. I realized it was time to let my inherent talents out of the bag. At the time, the New York Times had a weekly column called The 60-Minute Gourmet by Pierre Franey. Each week, I would follow these recipes diligently, and taught myself to cook that way. From there, I began to read cookbooks and consult with relatives on family recipes. At my ripe old age now, I feel I know enough to put together a very pleasing meal and have become accomplished in my own right. Having an Irish father and an Italian mother, I'm glad I inherited the cooking gene (and the drinking one too!). One thing I have learned is that simpler is always better! I always believe cooking fills a need to nurture and show love. After being widowed fairly young and living alone with my dog and cats, I stopped cooking for awhile, since I really had no one to cook for. I made care packages for my grown son occasionally, and like to cook weekly for my boyfriend, so I feel like I am truly back in the saddle!!