Pesto Chicken Spaghetti
- Ready In:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, to taste, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced into rings
- 1 cup broccoli, broken into small florets
- 100 g pesto sauce, half a jar of bought, about 3TBs (to taste)
- 200 ml evaporated low-fat milk
- spaghetti, cooked to serve
- Saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Brown chicken meat with onion and garlic so it gets some color but is not cooked through.
- Add broccoli, carrot, pesto, cook for a few minutes, stirring so pesto is mixed through.
- The carrot will be crisp but that's how we like it. For a softer carrot add it in earlier, or even microwave it prior to starting the recipe.
- Add evaporated milk to chicken, pesto and vegies. Stir thoroughly and taste for seasoning. Add more pesto if you would like and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Simmer sauce ubtil milk is hot & everything is combined.
- Add spaghetti to pan and toss to coat.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese if desired and good crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am an Aussie married to my wonderful American husband since 2002. I no longer work having been retired on medical grounds. My main hobby would be cooking and collecting recipes (one can never have enough cookbooks)! We have 2 cute kitties named Jerzee & Zebu, who bring me great joy. I also enjoy watching sports, listening to music and spending time with family and friends. I like almost all types of music, & would go to more concerts if I had more money. Having been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes last year I am really focussing on eating more & more unprocessed foods. The irony is that I never really had a sweet tooth & now that I've been told to avoid sugar, suddenly alln things sweet seem so delicious!!! Now that I have more time I plan on cooking more frequently & also trying some more time-consuming recipes.</p>