Perfect Pie Crust
photo by Sweetiebarbara
- Ready In:
2 pie shells
- Sift measured flour and salt into a bowl.
- Pour oil into glass measuring cup and add cold milk to make 3/4 cup liquid.
- Pour liquid into bowl and stir with a fork to mix well.
- Stir until it forms into a soft ball.
- Save half the dough to use later.
- Roll remaining half of dough into circle between two sheets of wax paper.
- Peel off top layer of wax paper.
- Place pie pan upside down on top of rolled out dough.
- Slide hand under bottom wax paper with top hand lightly on pan.
- Flip pan, crust and wax paper over gently.
- Crust and wax paper will gently settle into pan.
- Then peel second wax paper off crust.
- Fit crust into pie pan, make standing rim, and prick with fork.
- I use pie weights to keep shell flat.
- Bake in oven 450°F for 8- 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!