Perfect Coconut Macaroons
- Ready In:
- 5 1⁄3 cups coconut flakes (one 14 oz package)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and light flour cookie sheets.
- Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract until blended.
- Spoon mixture into balls and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We no longer live in San Mateo but still close by so we'll keep the name Super San Mateo Chefs. :-) <br> <br>Greetings Recipe Enthusiasts, <br> <br>We are the Super San Mateo Chefs and thanks for checking out our page. We live in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and work at high tech computer companies. We have one darling baby girl. We both love to cook and I love to bake as well. <br> <br>In addition to spending time in the kitchen, we enjoy training for triathlons, hiking, and baby outings. <br> <br>We often host parties for crowds from anywhere from 4 to 50 people. Some of our party themes have been Southwestern, Italian, Dessert & Cocktails, Mom's Brunch, Halloween and others. Our guests usually bring something to add to the mix and a great time is had by all.