Pepper, Gruyere, and Green Onion Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4 in cubes
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, including green part
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pepper, and salt.
- Cut in butter until it resembles course meal.
- Add cheese and onions, stirring and/or tossing to combine.
- Stir in 1 cup buttermilk until it forms a soft, slightly sticky ball.
- Using lightly floured hands divide dough in to twelve pieces.
- Form pieces in to balls and place balls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing about an inch apart.
- Brush tops with remaining buttermilk.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until tops are light brown.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!