Penne, Spinach, Asparagus and Cashew Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus spears, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs penne or 1 1/2 lbs rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1 cup roasted cashews, salted, coarsely chopped (about 4 ounces)
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to small bowl. Cool.
- Add pasta to same pot and cook until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well.
- Transfer pasta to very large bowl.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Cool.
- Blend cup oil, green onions, vinegar and soy sauce in blender until smooth, about 2 minutes. (Asparagus, pasta and dressing can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill.)
- Pour dressing over pasta.
- Add asparagus, spinach and cashews; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Moved here from San Diego in 2002. Moved to this country with my Italian parents when I was 3. I am newly married to a wonderful, handsome man, originally from Holland, and I am a mother of a beautiful little girl. By trade I am a chemist but I'm more passionate about cooking than chemistry (but if you really think about it, they are one and the same). My favorite cookbook is without a doubt Moosewood - Anything by Moosewood. I am a horrible baker (you can't taste while you cook! How do people do that?) but am making great strides and attempts at doing better at it.