Pecan Sticky Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Into each greased muffin cup, spoon 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1 heaping tablespoon of pecans.Top each with 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Invert pan onto a piece of foil.
- Let stand for 2 minutes; remove pan.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My 8 year old son was standing at the lap-top with me, looking for muffins to make for breakfast. He said he wanted a "nut and chocolate chip" muffin so we started in the muffins that contain pecans. As soon as he saw this title he said "How about those instead, mom?" These were easy to put together and really tasty. I used white wheat flour and skim milk to try to up the healthiness a tad. The batter is sweet (though I'd up the cinnamon a bit) and the sticky muffin top is fabulous. Really hit the spot when you're looking for something ooey-gooey but not horrible for you. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I only really have the better homes cookbook and some recipes I find along the way. Hoping to learn how to make impressive recipes for coworkers on a less than impressive budget!