Peasant Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 cups potatoes, 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces and blanched
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pepper, 1/4-inch dice (red, yellow and or or orange)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mixed herbs, chopped (parsley, thyme, tarragon and or basil)
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine or 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes in generously salted water until tender. Rinse and cool on sheet pan.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare vinaigrette and vegetables (blanch green beans, dice peppers, and chop herbs).
- To prepare the vinaigrette:In a blender or food processor, add shallots, garlic, Dijon and vinegar. Process until smooth. Slowly pour in oil while blender is running to create an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, vegetables, olives, scallions and herbs. Toss gently to combine. Drizzle enough dressing to coat potatoes and vegetables. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill or serve room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married to a great man, and 10 months ago we had our first child, Dylan. He is amazing! I teach English, so I feel like my time is torn between my students and my family. But food is my passion. I love finding meals that make my husband happy; I know that sounds so 1950's, but I swear I'm a feminist. I just enjoy pleasing people with my culinary creations. I'm always on the lookout for something that is easy to make, tastes great, and allows me to spend more quality time with my family rather than in the kitchen.