Peanut Slice With Chocolate Icing
- Ready In:
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (heaped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot water
- In a bowl, mix the flour, b. sugar, coconut, peanuts and butter together. Mix well.
- Press into a 15x20 cm tin (greased) and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until cooked).
- Pour icing over the top while hot and let set.
- Keep in the tray and slice when cold.
- To make icing, mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir well to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br />As a toddler, my nic-name was Pompom (my Poppy had a golf hat with a pompom and it was one of my first words, and it stuck as my nic name). My Poppy has long since passed, but I fondly remember him every time I log on. I'm a stay at home mum of four aged: 10, 8, 7 and almost 6. I have a severe egg allergy and am lactose intolerant, I enjoy working out ways to still enjoy food minus eggs and milk. I have been married for 14 years and have one very happy and well fed hubby.<br />My goal is to try one new recipe a week, for the past 8 years have achieved this. I own over 300 cookbooks, but no longer purchase them - but regularly print out recipes to try later.<br />When I am not cooking, I am busy household of 6 and going to the gym (to work off the wonderful calories I consumed the day before) and helping at school and church.<br />My philosophy in life is: as we have to eat, we may as well eat well.</p>