Peanut Butter Tea Biscuits
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Unique floured "Breakfast Biscuits". May be served with your favourite jam. Raisins or currants, or even chopped nuts, may be added to this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine shortening and peanut butter and cut then into flour mixture with a knife or pastry blender until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk to make a soft dough (DO NOT OVER MIX).
- Turn dough on to a LIGHTLY floured board and knead slightly.
- Roll 1/2-3/4 inch thick and cut with a floured cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on an UNGREASED baking sheet 1-1&1/2-inches apart if crusty biscuits are desired (if touching, then the biscuits will be "soft-sided").
- Bake in a hot oven (425°F-450°F) for 10-15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION