Peanut Butter and Banana Scones
photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 275 g biscuit mix, gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon baking powder or 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g bananas, mashed
- 50 g coconut sugar crystals
- 100 g peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 80 ml milk
- 115 g raspberry jam (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk, for brushing
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients – peanut butter, banana, egg, vanilla, milk, and sugar.
- Add the dry mixture in to the wet.
- Turn resulting dough on a lightly floured surface and knead.
- Roll it to about 1/2” thick.
- Cut it into individual rounds using a 2.5” cookie cutter.
- Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 190C/375°F.
- Allow to completely cool on a cooling rack.
- Finally, if you want to sweeten the scones, then you can smother them with some delicious raspberry jam.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!