Peanut Butter and Apple Burrito
- Ready In:
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet apple (works best with sweet, not tart apples)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Lay tortillas flat.
- Spread peanut butter evenly between then tortillas, completely covering in a thin layer.
- Drizzle the honey evenly between the tortillas on top of the peanut butter.
- Put one layer of thin apple slices on top of the honey and peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda, if desired.
- Roll up and cut into bite-sized pieces or serve whole.
- (Depends on who is eating this. As adults, we just bite in, but we cut it into smaller, more manageable pieces for my nephew).
Join The Conversation
Another recipe to keep! I didn't have whole-wheat tortillas, so I just used the flour tortillas I had on hand. I also didn't have the sugar substitute, so I used regular sugar very sparingly. I did slice the apples, but next time, I think I will try grating them or finely chopping them for easier eating. The flour tortillas I had were getting just a little dry, so when I had all of the ingredients in place and rolled up, I placed it in the microwave for about 10 seconds just to warm it up a bit. Some juice tended to run out after I did warm them up, but the flavor was still fantastic. If the tortillas are a little dry next time, I may try heating the tortilla before putting the ingredients on top and rolling them up. All in all, it's a great recipe that we enjoyed very much and will definitely be making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a graduate student studying agricultural economics, originally from Georgia. (Go dawgs!) I try to eat very healthy, most often low-carb. But, I do love sweets sometimes. I like to bake for others so much- so I do it all the time and have become known for just stopping by with casseroles, brownies etc..