Peach & Cucumber Salad
photo by Hippie2MARS
- Ready In:
- 1 large peach
- 1 large cucumber
- 1⁄2 ounce of fresh mint, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce slivered almonds
- First, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the oil, honey, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the fresh mint; set viniagrette aside while preparing other ingredients.
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit, then thinly slice.
- Thinly slice cucumber into half moon slices.
- Place the cucumber and peach slices in a medium-sized bowl, then add the vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Allow to marinate, covered, at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the almonds to the salad and toss lightly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an Arkansas native but spent my teen-aged years in Memphis. I have four grown sons and 12 grandchildren. I currently live in Chattanooga, TN and cook mainly for just two, which has been quite an adjustment!