Pasta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Ricotta, and Peas
- Ready In:
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- table salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato (oil packed, drained, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped coarse)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, garnish
- Bring 4 quarts water to rolling boil, covered, in stockpot. Stir in pasta and 1 tablespoon salt; cook until al dente, adding peas in last 15 seconds of cooking. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water, and return pasta and peas to stockpot.
- Meanwhile, heat garlic, oil, and red pepper flakes in small skillet over medium heat; cook until sizzling but not browned, about 1 minute. Set skillet aside to cool slightly. Stir together ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic/oil mixture in bowl. Stir pasta cooking water into ricotta mixture; add ricotta mixture to pasta in pot and stir well to combine. Serve immediately, passing additional Parmesan separately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!