Pasta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
I got this recipe from a friend and it was absolutely incredible! It is so full of flavor and it is also very healthy!
- Ready In:
- 3 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb pasta (penne)
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, and cook pasta.
- add olive oil, garlic, red pepper, pine-nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and onion to a large saute pan set on high heat.
- Cook until the onion is soft and the garlic is beginning to brown, about 3 minute.
- stir in wine and boil until wine is reduced by half, about 1-2 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock, salt, pepper and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to medium and simmer for 7 min., until sauce is slightly thickened.
- When sauce is done and pasta is drained, pour sauce over the pasta and cook over medium heat for 3 min., stirring constantly.
- remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese -- SERVE!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION