Pasta With Red Bell Pepper, Mushroom, and Zucchini
- Ready In:
- 1hr 13mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced into 3/8 inch strips and strips halved
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some tender green tops)
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise, then sliced into 3/8 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 -5 basil leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium heat; add in bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic.
- Stir/saute until tender crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil; cook until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Toss with pasta, oil, cheese, and parsley until well mixed.
- Tranfer to a warm platter; serve immediately; top with more cheese, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We enjoyed this recipe--it has such garden fresh taste. I did have to add 29 oz of tomatoes to get enough juice to satisfy my family. Otherwise, you don't really have a sauce and my picky family wouldn't hear of it. Next time, I will pick up some tomato sauce or used some leftover marinara sauce. Otherwise, a nice dish.