Pasta With Quattro Formaggi (4-Cheese Pasta)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 ounce fontina, grated
- fresh ground black pepper or 1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked al dente and drained (can sub 1/2 lb. pasta of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 1-quart baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk then garlic powder. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly thickened to the consistency of cream. Whisk in the Gorgonzola and Fontina. Cook, whisking constantly, until the cheeses are melted. Season with nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cheese sauce and cooked pasta. Stir in the mozzarella and spoon into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and buttered breadcrumbs and then the paprika.
- Bake until bubbling and the top is browned, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!