Pasta With Peas, Cream, Parsley and Mint
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from bon appetit This recipe calls for frozen petite peas.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package large shell pasta or (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby peas (do not thaw)
- 2 1⁄4 cups freshly grayed parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water to al dente, drain and reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, bring cream to simmer in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peas and simmer just until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 1/4 cups cheese and stir until melted and sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in mint and 1/4 cup parsley.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat, adding pasta cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls IF DRY.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Serve, passing additional Parmesan alongside.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION