Pasta With Anchovies and Arugula
- Ready In:
- salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- 8 anchovies, to taste, with some of their oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 6 cups arugula
- 1⁄2 lb linguine (or other long pasta)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and salt it.
- Put the oil in a deep skillet, and turn heat to medium. A minute later, add the garlic, and then the anchovies and red pepper flakes. When the garlic sizzles and the anchovies break up, turn the heat to its lowest setting.
- Cook the pasta until it is tender but not mushy. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid, and drain. Add pasta to skillet, along with enough reserved cooking water to make a sauce. Off the heat, combine the pasta with the greens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss, taste and adjust the seasoning and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I only came to cooking in my 50s, when we moved home to a tiny town with only a few restaurants. I'm always on the hunt for easy, flavorful recipes (often ethnic cuisines), and I'm always ready to try something new and different! In cold weather I gravitate to stews, soups, and casseroles of the not-too-heavy kind; in hot weather I love a salad or cold soup. Partly because of my husband's diabetes (I'm borderline) and partly out of indolence, baking is not my thing.