Pasta Primavera with Smoky Ham
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces bow tie pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 12 thin asparagus spears, stems trimmed,stalks thinly sliced into rounds,tips left whole
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 7 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper.
- Boil until pasta and asparagus are just tender but still firm to bite and bell pepper strips are slightly softened, about 30 seconds longer.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, stir ham in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add cream.
- chicken broth and mustard and boil sauce 2 minutes, stirring up and browned bits.
- Add pasta mixture to skillet.
- Toss until sauce coats pasta mixture, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.