Pasta Formaggio Regazzoni
photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 2 pats butter
- about 15 pieces bread (10mm cubes)
- 2 handfulls of chifferi rigati pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons English mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sieved tempora flour
- 400 ml milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g mature english cheese
- Spread the bread over a baking tray, drizzle with a little melted butter and grill for around 6 to 7 minutes turning a few times until toasted. Keep aside.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for around 6 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic, shallots, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Stir fry for 1 - 2 minutes and then add the flour. Stir for 1 minute and then slowly add the milk stirring continuously and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheddar cheese.
- Add the pre-cooked pasta into the cheese sauce, and season well.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish, spread the toasted bread over the top and bake for in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!