- Ready In:
- Peel the parsnips and chop roughly into even sized pieces.
- Slice the onion.
- Heat the oil in a oven proof pot and saute the vegetables for 4 to 5 mins until they begin to soften but not to colour.
- Add thyme (chopped), enough water to cover the vegetables and the stock cube and bring to a simmer.
- Put on the lid and pop into the oven (bottom oven of the AGA) for 30 mins or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Or continue to cook on the stove top at a simmer until the vegetables are cooked through. If cooking on the stove top check from time to time that the vegetables have enough liquid, you dont want them to burn!
- When the vegetables are cooked let them cool and then blitz the contents of the pot to a puree.
- Return the puree to the pan and add enough milk and water to make the consistancy that you like for your soup.
- Reheat, check seasonings and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Somerset countryside, cook on an AGA and keep a few chickens. This year I am growing veggies as well and it's been a success so far:-) I'm also a keen knitter. You can see more on my blog. <br /> <br /> I like cooking old fashioned dishes like stews and casseroles, I don't eat much meat but I do like cheese and chocolate :-) <br /> <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p>