Paprika Chicken With Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 kg diced skinless chicken breast
- 500 g diced onions
- 1 red pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 cups water
- Cut each chickens into 8 pieces (16 pieces total), discarding any backbone, neck, wing tips and fatty pieces.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a fry pan and soften the onion and red pepper.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons flour to onion/red pepper mix and lightly cook off, until slightly browned.
- Put onion/pepper mixture into a large cooking pot on a separate heating plate. Add the paprika to the mixture and cook off for a minute until aromatic -- mix well.! Careful not to burn the mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan the brown the chicken pieces for a few minutes on each side.
- Add the browned chicken to the pot with the other mix and fill with water until just covering the chicken. Add the stock and mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring until all the paprika is well combined in the water.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 50 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with rice or potato pieces! Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
HI! I am a late bloomer with cooking, and choose to live a healthy lifestyle with low carb and low fat foods as part of my main diet. At times, I do indulge! especially when I have guests around, but much prefer the simple, tasty life. Hope you enjoy the recipies I post!