Shrimp & Chicken With Rice
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces baby shrimp
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- Cook rice in water with chicken bouillon for 20 minutes or until done. Put on the side.
- Cut chicken breast into thumb size pieces.
- Put flour and spices into small bowl. You can change amounts or types of spices to your taste. Mix the flour and spices together.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Put chicken pieces in flour and dredge them till covered. Put into heated oil in skillet.
- Cook chicken till no longer pink in color.
- Add frozen salad shrimp. These should be the ones that come 100 to a pound. You can add more if you really like shrimp.
- Add soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos to the skillet. The flour, water from the shrimp and soy sauce form a thin sauce.
- Cook down till shrimp are hot and sauce is thin.
- Put rice on plate. Add chicken and shrimp mixture. Mix so the sauce is stirred well into the rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was delicious. Shrimp and chicken, couldn't be better together. I did everything as you stated except I added onion with the chicken and used brown rice. It was full of flavor and this will definately go on my list of repeats. Cooking the rice in the bouillon really sets the flavor. Thanks Barb, we really enjoyed this.
This is an amazing dish which is easy to prepare. The chicken bouillon and the soy sauce give it an incredible flavour. We didn't have onion powder or garlic powder so we chopped 1/4 cup of onion and minced one garlic clove which we sauteed in the oil before throwing the chicken in the pan. I also added about a cup of frozen green peas at the same time I threw in the shrimp. My husband (who actually did most of the work tonight) is already dreaming of making this dish with steak in place of chicken. Next time, I may try it with brown rice.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in beautiful Portland Oregon with my partner. I try to live frugally and eat healthy. I cook a lot and bake a lot. Over the last 2-3 years I've read a lot on diet, nutrition, healthy eating and healthy living. I've slowly changed over to non-toxic hand soap, toothpaste, and cleaning supplies. I also don't buy things with high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners or colors or any type of MSG. We eat mostly whole wheat breads and no cookies or donuts. I gave up drinking diet anything and colas of all sorts on May 25, 2006. I have two current favorite cookbooks. One is called "Vegan with a Vengeance" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and the other is "Table for Two" by Joanne Stepaniak. From VwaV I found a great way to make brussels sprouts, which before I could never stand. Also pizza sauce, a great pizza dough, a chickpea broccoli casserole and wonderful peanut butter oatmeal cookies. From Table for Two, I got the 1000 island dressing recipe I use for salad dressing. Also a non dairy potato corn chowder.