Panera Bread Style Cobblestone Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup kefir
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled cored sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 15 cupcake molds (one pan of a dozen molds and then three molds on another pan).
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apples, brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice and lemon juice to the pan. Stir and cook until golden and soft (7-10 minutes).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Spoon a small amount of dough batter into the bottom of each cupcake mold. Reserve about half the batter.
- Divide apple filling evenly between all molds to create a distinct apple layer. Top off with remaining dough batter, making sure to fill in the sides so that the muffin holds together.
- Crumble brown sugar, flour, and butter together with fingers to make the streusel. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake 50 minutes. Cool in pan for at least 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!