Pan-Seared Scallops With Beurre Blanc Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From epicurious.com, this sounds good.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 10 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon-size pieces
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Boil first 3 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Add cream; reduce heat to low.
- Add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking until just melted before adding more.
- Strain sauce, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Return sauce to pan.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Place pan in skillet of warm water.
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and white pepper, then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops; cook until golden brown and just opaque in center, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Divide scallops among plates.
- Top with sauce and chives.
- Makes 6 first-course or 4 main-course servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION