Pan-Roasted Chicken With Mushrooms and Rosemary
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, halved
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the chicken on both sides with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Place a cast-iron or regular ovenproof skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Drizzle the pan with the oil and lay the chicken in the pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the begins to brown.
- Throw in the mushrooms, shallots, and rosemary.
- Stick the whole thing in the hot oven and roast for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked, and the mushrooms and shallots are soft and roasted.
- The last thing to make is a quick gravy using the flavors left in the bottom of the skillet.
- Take the chicken out of the pan(leave the mushroom, shallots and rosemary in the pan) and arrange on a dinner plate to keep warm while preparing the gravy.
- Return the skillet to the stovetop.
- Drizzle olive oil in the pan, and whisk in the flour.
- Stir in the broth and lemon juice and cook over medium heat, scraping up the flavors with a wooden spoon.
- Stir gravy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove rosemary, and spoon gravy over the chicken.
Join The Conversation
Not much else to say but this is simple and delicious! Fresh rosemary is a must and I find if you quarter the shallots they get more caramelized upon roasting in the oven. I added a little bit of sherry to the sauce as well. The key to this simple recipe is that you use kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper liberally, but not in excess. Next time I may cut the flour back by half because it was a bit too thick for me, otherwise this is a definite keeper! Thank you for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE: Being a mom to a lovely, beautiful angel of a daughter, my wonderfully sweet, kind and loving husband, and my family. Cooking, of course, working out, spending time with my husband and family, taking walks, reading, catching up on celeb gossip, lounging around the house watching Heros DVDs, baking treats, playing with my daughter, and hanging out with my sister every week!!