Pan-Fried Garlic Bread
photo by lauralie41
- Ready In:
- Brush the inside of a heavy pan with olive oil and place over medium-low heat.
- Cut the loaf in half lengthwise, then again crossways into 3 or 4 inch pieces.
- Rub the cut surfaces with the garlic and brush with oil.
- Arrange as many pieces as will fit in the pan, weighing them down with a bacon press.
- Cook about 5 minutes until underside of bread is browned.
- Turn bread and repeat cooking process for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat until all slices are browned.
- Keep warm in the oven on low heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wish I could give this garlic bread more than 5 stars!! So easy and tastes much, much better than store bought! I used my electric skillet to make the bread, chopped the garlic and added it to the olive oil in the pan. The aroma was awesome and so was the bread!! Happy Birthday Queen Dragon Mom, hope you had a great day!! Thank you so much for being the Quisine Queens' sassy and spunky cheerleader for the ZWT 2006! You are the best!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Mother of 4, grandmother of 3.... <br /> <br />One of my favorite authors is Kipling, he had a way with words... <br />...when the moon gets up and night comes, he is the Cat that walks by himself, and all places are alike to him.... <br />Rudyard Kipling</p>