Pan-Toasted Garlic Bread
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced fresh
- 6 slices French bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling.
- Stir in cayenne pepper and garlic.
- Dip both sides of each bread slice in melted butter and place in same skillet, cut side down.
- Cook over medium heat, watching closely until bread is lightly browned about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Turn bread over and sprinkle each slice with about 1 tablespoons of cheese.
- Cover; continue cooking until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a 63 year old retired neonatal nurse, Cooking always has been and remains my passion...one of the Rules for Life is to approach love and cooking with reckless abandon. I embrace that fully. <br /><br />.</p>