Pad Thai With Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a very popular Thai dish, and once you make it, you’ll know why.
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces rice noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 tablespoon tamarind paste dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- lime wedge
- Put the noodles in a pot of water on the stove, bring it to a near boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the fish sauce, tamarind paste and water, chili sauce, and brown sugar. Set the pad Thai sauce aside.
- In a small bowl, places the slices of chicken and pour the cornstarch/soy sauce mixture over the chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and set them aside.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and marinade and stir-fry for a minute. Add the chicken stock and tablespoons at a time, enough to keep the chicken cooking, continuing until all of the stock has been added, cooking for a total of 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the noodles, pad Thai sauce, and toss the noodles with 2 spatulas or spoons for 2 minutes.
- Add the black pepper and bean sprouts and toss for another minutes. Taste to test the seasoning; you may need to add another tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Serve by topping the noodles with the spring onion, coriader, and nuts. Add the fresh lime wedges and serve with a bottle of Thai chili sauce on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION