Oven Roasted Salmon With Grapefruit and Basil Relish
- Ready In:
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 red grapefruits, rind and pitch removed and segments cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 small shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 500* degrees.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position, place rimmed baking sheet on rack.
- Place grapefruit segments in fine-mesh strainer set over medium bowl and drain for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make several shallow slashes about an inch apart along skin side of each salmon fillet, being careful not to cut into flesh.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Rub fillets evenly with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Reduce oven temperate to 275* degrees and remove baking sheet.
- Carefully place salmon skin-side down on baking sheet. Roast until centers of thickest part of fillets are still translucent when cut into with paring knife or instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of fillets registers 125* degrees, 9 to 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour off all but 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice from bowl; whisk in grapefruit segments, shallot, basil, lemon juice, and oil.
- Stir in grapefruit and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove salmon and top with relish; serve warm or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!