Original Rice Krispie Treats (Stovetop or Microwave)
- Ready In:
24 2 inch squares
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package large marshmallows (about 40)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir till melted. Add Rice Krispies and stir until well coated.
- Lightly butter or spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, press Rice Krispie mix into prepared pan. Cut into squares. These are best if served the same day. Enjoy!
- Heat butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes in microwave safe bowl, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies and press into prepared pan. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
- To Freeze: Place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- I like to wrap 1 or several squares in plastic wrap and then freeze in Zip Lock Freezer Bags.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!