Orange Tea Cake
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- zest from 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F Oil and flour a standard loaf pan.
- 3. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 4. Cream the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand held electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 4. Add the eggs and continue mixing until the eggs are well incorporated.
- 5. Add the orange juice and zest and mix well.
- 6. Add the flour mixture, continue mixing, scraping the bowl, just until the mixture is homogenous. Don’t over mix the flour, or your cake will be tough.
- 7. Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After completely cooled dust with powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!