Orange Fluff Salad With Pineapple
I love the taste of orange and am a sucker for anything with orange in it, this is one good recipe.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- nuts, Chopped, if desired
- Put Jell-O, water, pineapple and juice and sugar in saucepan.
- Cook to boil and Jell-O dissolves.
- Cool until almost set and add Cool Whip.
- Put in bowl of flat dish and garnish with chopped nuts, if desired, may also garnish with orange peel.
- Cooking time would be refrigeration time. I normally leave mine until the next day.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A nice lower fat dessert. I used sugar free jello and, based on Lauralie's review, a little less then 1/2 cup splenda. Next time, though, I'd leave out the splenda all together as I don't feel like it needs it at all. I also used fat free cool-whip. I added the cool-whip in a little too early I think, and mine seperated into a pineapple layer and a coolwhip layer. Still tasty, though. Oh, and this made more like 12 servings for us. 6 would be way too big for us!Reply
This was a very cool and refreshing treat! The temperature has been rising and we enjoyed this dessert a lot. Very creamy with a mild taste of orange, not overpowering at all. I folded in some finely chopped pecans when adding the cool whip. Will make this again soon using a little less sugar and adding some chopped mandarin oranges to add a bit more texture.Reply
see 1 more