Orange Coffee Cake
Another Paula Deen recipe that is so easy thanks to the refrigerated biscuits. The glaze makes them extra delicious! I heated the left overs individually in the microwave for a sweet snack later in the day. These would be great for a pot-luck or brunch.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (recommended ( Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers)
- 1⁄4 cup minced walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or more)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in the center of the pan. Cut the remaining biscuits in half, forming 14 half-circles. Arrange the pieces around the center biscuit with cut sides facing in the same direction. Brush melted butter over the tops of the biscuits.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, granulated sugar, and orange zest. Mix well and sprinkle over biscuits. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and orange juice. Blend until smooth adding more orange juice, if needed, to thin. Drizzle glaze over the warm coffee cake and serve.