Open Beef Burgers
- Ready In:
4 open burgers
- 500 g beef mince
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs (packaged)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (sun-dried tomato)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or peanut oil)
- 1 onion (large thinly sliced into rings)
- 2 (120 g) focaccia bread (garlic ones suggested rolls split)
- 1⁄3 cup cheese (pizza blend grated)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (whole egg)
- 40 g spinach (leaves baby)
- 2 tomatoes (Roma thickly sliced)
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg and 2 tablespoons of the pesto in a large bowl and then shape mix into 4 patties.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat and cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through and then remove from the pan and place on a abing tray.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and cook and stir onion for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and remove from the heat.
- Preheat an oven grill to moderately high and cook focaccia under the grill until golden.
- Sprinkle the patties with cheese and cook patties under the grill until cheese bubbles and is melted.
- Whisk mayonnaise and remaining pesto.
- Place one piece of focaccia on each serving plate and spread each focaccia with half the pestor mayonnaise and then top with spinach, tomato, onion and patties and then top with the remaining pesto mayonnaise.
- Serve burgers with wedges, chips/fries or hash browns.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.