One Pot Pasta - Italian or Mexican
- Ready In:
- 1 1 lb Italian sausage or 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (rigatoni, spirals or small shells)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms (if making italian)
- 8 ounces canned chilies or 8 ounces frozen chilies (if making mexican)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated cheese (parmesan for italian, monterrey jack for mexican)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives (italian)
- 1 chopped jalapeno (mexican)
- Brown the meat, onion, garlic, and sweet pepper.
- Add either the mushrooms or the jalepeno.
- Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Drain off fat.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cover tightly.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and uncover.
- Simmer, uncovered, 25-30 mintues or until the pasta is tender.
- Stir occasionally, and add a little water if necessary.
- Serve with the cheese on the side, let everyone sprinkle their own.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Still in West Virginia but we've moved a few miles away, down to the county capitol. It's a compromise: bigger than our last town but smalelr than the "big city" of Cumberland MD, right up the road. Jobs are not that plentiful here so I am fortunate to be able to work at home (I'm a writer). My passion is cooking and feeding people family well....my pet peeve is the family court systems in America......my love is for emergency medicine and the people that make survival in a crisis possible