This is a wonderful first course; our son, who wouldn't eat an olive if he fell on it, devours these each time I serve them. I thought that I would have a little of the mix to take home when I took this to a dinner party recently; alas, the host would not let it leave her home!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole baguette, sliced
- Using the choppng blade, process both olives in food processor.
- Remove and set aside.
- With machine running, place garlic cloves and olive oil and butter in bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Remove and add this mixture to olives.
- Add parsley, and fold in monterrey jack cheese.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Spread mixture on 24 slices of baguette. Place under broiler until cheese melts, and tops brown nicely.