Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 4 lbs red potatoes (or white)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 carrot, grated (optional)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 10 baby dill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In large pot, cook potatoes over high heat using 1 tablespoon of salt added to just enough water to cover the potatoes. Boil until tender when pierced with a knife. Drain. Half or quarter potatoes as desired and set aside.
- Hard boil eggs and cool. Peel and dice 2 of the eggs into 1/4 inch cubes. Slice the 3rd egg into 1/4 inch rounds and set aside for the garnish.
- Combine diced egg, mayonnaise, celery seed, mustard, 2 teaspoons of salt and black pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add reserved potatoes to mayonnaise mixture. Add celery, red pepper, carrot, pickle, green onions and chopped parsley. Stir to combine.
- Chill for 30 minutes or longer. Garnish with paprika and reserved hardboiled egg slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy single mom of 5 growing boys!! My children's ages are 21,18,14,12 and 10 1/2. In my spare time,when I have any, I try to walk 3 miles a day.I like to read Woman's World and inspirational books and if I didn't have 5 beautiful boys to care for, I would probably be doing missionary work. I live in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia and I swear we must be living in Heaven on earth!!!I would love to travel if I had the resources and time with Brazil and South America being on the top of my list of places to see.