Oatmeal Vegetable Porridge
- Ready In:
- 1 cup regular oatmeal
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced (fresh or frozen, red and yellow add great color)
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lecithin granules
- Prepare ingredients.
- In sauce pan bring water and salt to boil.
- Add onions and celery. Let boil for a few minutes to soften.
- Add bell peppers, cilantro, and oats - mix well. Turn burner to simmer and cover pan.
- Simmer until oats are done.
- If using eggs add them and simmer covered for another minute or two where whites are just turning. Remove from heat and stir in eggs to incorporate and give dish a creamy texture. The residual heat will finish cooking eggs.
- Serves two healthy portions. Top with lecithin and any other seasonings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking is a hobby. I love watching the food channel - it helps me add new cooking habits. I rarely follow a recipe but when I create something good I write it down. When I do use a recipe it is to give me direction and then I adapt it to my tastes and available ingredients. I love cooking from scratch. When I make bread I mill my own wheat, other grains including gluten-free, and/or legumes for flour. I prefer the long method of cooking or baking. It is normally healthier and tastier.