Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Dairy Free
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190C).
- In large bowl, cream together margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Most of my recipes are dairy free since I discovered many years ago that I am lactose intolerant. While I have had to give up some much-loved recipes, we have discovered that most can be modified to accommodate the changes to our diet. Most of my recipes say dairy free but there are a few from my childhood that may have dairy! I also have an intolerance to MSG so we spend a lot of time reading labels. Usually, it is just easier to cook from scratch, so we don't use many pre-made foods from the grocery store.</p> I like recipes I can make with minimal ingredients, real food I have in my kitchen, that are also easy to make!