- Ready In:
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 even layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on a pretty serving plate and spread with 1 cup of the ice cream.
- Repeat layers of cake and ice cream and cover with top cake layer.
- Frost sides and top of cake with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Absolutely 5+ stars! This is a quick, refreshing and just-right dessert for a heavier meal. With permission, I took the liberty to change it up a bit and used light vanilla bean ice cream and skipped the coconut on top. Before serving, I drizzled each slice with smooshed sweetened strawberries. Be creative and use strawberry and/or chocolate ice cream flavors for a neopolitan treat! Next time, I'll use all chocolate and even chocolate Cool Whip with mini-chips on top! Thanks for another winner HL!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>