New York Cheesecake With Raspberry and Peach Sauces
photo by Ileen Z.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 40 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest or 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (whipping)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh raspberry
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Make crust: in medium bowl, using a fork, toss crumbs with butter and sugar until moistened. Use a little more butter if necessary to obtain the right consistency. Transfer mixture in a well-greased 10-inch springform pan and evenly press mixture with fingers over the bottom and up sides of pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 2. Increase oven temperature to 450° F. Make filling: In large bowl of electric mixer at high speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla until well blended. Beat in eggs and egg yolks one at a time; beat until smooth, scraping bowl with spatula occasionally. Beat in cream.
- 3. Pour filling into prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 250° F. Bake 70 minutes longer or until center is set but not firm. Remove to rack. Cool two hours. Move to refrigerator overnight.
- 4. With back of spoon, spread sour cream evenly over top of cake within ½ inch of edge. Set cake aside. In food processor, puree raspberries with their syrup; pour through sieve placed over medium-sized saucepan. Discard seeds. Mix cornstarch with puree until blended. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly; simmer 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and clear.
- 5. Pour raspberry sauce into small bowl. In clean food processor, puree peach slices with ¼ cup sugar until blended; pour into small bowl; set aside. Remove sides of springform pan, place cake on serving dish. Spoon raspberry sauce over sour cream, covering half the surface. Spread peach puree on the other half.
- 6. Arrange kiwifruit and peach slices along the line where the raspberry sauce meets the peach puree. Add whole raspberries as desired. Cut cake into wedges to serve. Pass remaining raspberry sauce and peach puree.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!