- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 9 inch baked graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- red and green candied pineapple, for garnish
- Combine gelatin, salt, nutmeg, and 3 tbsp sugar in saucepan.
- In small bowl, whisk egg yolks together with milk.
- Add to gelatin mixture in saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat, until mixture is thickened and can coat a spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon peel and rum.
- Refrigerate for 40 minutes, or until cold but not yet firm.
- Beat eggs whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar, a little at a time.
- Beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold gelatin mixture and mixed candied fruit into egg white mixture.
- Fill prepared pie crust with mixture.
- Chill until set, at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with whipped cream and candied pineapple.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a beautiful rural area, and I get lots of backyard visitors, including deer, coyotes, bears, raccoons, and skunks. I'm basically a homebody, and I enjoy reading, writing, surfing the net, working out, studying the Bible, taking scenic photos, and of course, cooking.