Neat Pizza Pizza Dough
- Ready In:
1 14" Pizza
- To make a 14" pizza:.
- Combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir briefly:.
- 3/4 cup warm water (90-110 F).
- 4 teaspoon sugar (brown or white).
- 1 tespoon pure olive oil (or extra virgin).
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or salt salt).
- Add add the following ingredients to the mixing bowl:.
- 2 cups high gluten flour aka patent flour (or bread flour or all purpose).
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast.
- If you have a stand mixer, mix for 8 minutes or so on a low to medium speed. If the dough gets stuck on the hook turn off the mixer and remove. Mix until nothing sticks to the bowl. The dough should be sticky to the touch, but not stick to you. And of course add more flour if the dough is not stiff enough. Mix until a cohesive ball forms.
- For those of you with hand mixers, good luck. Find those dough hooks and get to work. Mix dough until a cohesive ball forms. Turn over onto a floured surface and kneed into a ball if you must.
- Lastly if you have neither a hand mixer or stand mixer, but do have a wooden spoon. try mixing your dough adding half a cup to your mixture at a time.
- After your dough is mixed form a ball with it and place it in an olive-oiled (1 tsp) circular container such as a bowl for it to rise. Make sure that said container is at least twice as large as your dough ball will grow. Cover your container with foil or a plate or towel or t shirt or seran wrap. Let your dough rise until it doubles in size (45 minutes - 1 hour). If you have the time put your dough in the refidgerator over night as it will gain flavor and texture.
- When you're ready to prepare your pizza pre heat your oven to 450 F and flop your dough ball onto your floured counter and pat it slap it spread it into a shape that you like. Try kind of working on the dough circularly working around an axis and expanding from there. Consider the fact that your dough will expand in the oven and adjust the thickness accordingly. Use a rolling pin if you want to. I've used a wine bottle as a rolling pin to get the dough to spread out evenly.
- After sprinkling surface with cornmeal or flour, put your crust onto a pizza pan, cookie sheet, or (preheated) pizza stone and then take liberty to dress your pizza in sauce and cheese and all of your dreams. We made our sauce from scratch and you can too! We mixed one part provalone to two parts mozzarella.
- Cook your pizza at 450 F for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- I like to brush the crust with melted butter and minced garlic when i take it out of the oven. After that i sprinkle parmesan all over the pizza.
- Go crazy with your pizza. Try substituting white flour with potato flour, semolina flour, hemp flour, rye flour, or wheat flour. Try substituting sugar with honey or malt instead of sugar. Try not using sugar at all! Try using beer instead of water. Get freaky with your toppings. Try halibut, potatoes, carrots, mangoes, or corn! Zucchini, squash, and sweet potatoes! Mix gorganzola with mozzarella and provolone with piccarino. Crack eggs on your pizza when it's half-cooked for a breakfast pizza!
- Pizza is a vehicle of awesomeness. If it's awesome you can probably put it on a pizza.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!